Improve Engineer | Avient
Production Specialist | FrieslandCampina
Management Assistent | FrieslandCampina
Warehouse Operator Spareparts | Marel
Receptioniste | DSM-Firmenich
Operator Packaging | FrieslandCampina
Safety & Health Supervisor | NISSAN
Scientist Downstream Process Development | VectorY
Improve Engineer | Avient
ABOUT AVIENT PROTECTIVE MATERIALS
Avient Protective Materials is the inventor and manufacturer of Dyneema®, The World’s Strongest Fiber™. Dyneema® is a super-strong fiber that offers maximum strength combined with minimum weight, produced from a proprietary polyethylene material. It is up to 15 times stronger than quality steel and up to 40% stronger than aramid fibers, both on weight for weight basis. Dyneema® floats on water and is extremely durable and resistant to moisture, UV light and chemicals. Dyneema® is used in extremely challenging applications and environments, including super-tanker mooring ropes, cut-resistant gloves and apparel in the glass and metal-working industries, rigging and sails for off-shore racing yachts, medical sutures for orthopedic surgery and bullet-resistant clothing and vehicle protection in the law enforcement and military sectors. Further information on Avient Protective Materials is available at www.dyneema.com
The Site Heerlen is responsible for the production of Yarn and UD products, living up to customer’s expectations in the short and long run. The site operates in line with the Avient Protective Materials Business Strategy and APM Global Operating Strategy.
What you’ll do
As a Process Improve Engineer you will contribute to yield improvements of our production plants by investigating performance of the machines and studying key operating parameters that influence critical to quality product specifications. By providing a broad and in-depth engineering expertise and utilizing the (LEAN) Six Sigma methodologies, you will solve mid to long term production problems and develop and implement options for process improvement. In addition, you will play a pivotal role in developing new products by closely collaborating with our Innovation department. You will report to the Improve Manager.
Are you strongly affiliated with improvement trajectories within the chemical/materials industry, and would you like to contribute to new product developments? Then apply now!
Your key responsibilities
- Support Production Staff in root cause analysis in case of process interruptions or disturbances. Advise both on direct problem solving and on measures to prevent future disturbances;
- Investigate improvement opportunities and prepare functional scopes (what to improve and implement) and closely collaborate with other departments to execute these. After implementation of the projects you will track the benefits and evaluate whether improvement targets have been met;
- Design, implement and evaluate new digital/technological innovations that give more insight in the production process with the ultimate goal to steer the process in a more predictive way. Data-analysis will play a pivotal role;
- Design, Guide and evaluate trial runs in case of new products or improved recipes, or when using other raw materials;
- Investigate the influence of raw material properties on the production process.
- The opportunity to identify value and generate opportunities within our production facility in Heerlen;
- A highly motivated improve team who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box;
- Global and multidisciplinary collaboration between other production facilities of APM and the Innovation department;
- The encouragement you need to develop and achieve;
- A role in which you can make an actual difference by driving and implementing continuous improvement opportunities;
- A caring and supportive environment where you’re empowered to grow and share your ideas.
- A Master’s degree, preferably in (material/data) science, (chemical/mechanical) engineering or comparable science field;
- Project management skills are a plus;
- Highly developed communication and digital skills. You are able to share your findings (data driven) across the team and are able to communicate with stakeholders on different levels;
- Capable of working in a fast paced and often changing environment;
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
AVIENT at a glance
Creating A Better World
Avient exists to conquer challenges and unlock the potential of innovation and sustainability everywhere on earth. Working together, we connect exceptional people, ideas, and science to create specialized and sustainable materials that enhance performance and protect the environment. With a commitment to tenacious problem-solving and unwavering service, we enable customers to transform their visions into products that improve quality of life in meaningful, dynamic ways.
We are here to help you change the world. Now, let’s get started.