Process Safety Expert | Avient Protective Materials
Heftruckchauffeur | DSM-Firmenich
Customer Service Coordinator | Marel
Finishing Operator | Marel Poultry
Lab Technician | DSM Firmenich
Microbiology Specialist | FrieslandCampina
Farmer Service Desk Officer | FrieslandCampina
Werkvoorbereider | Envalior
Process Safety Expert | Avient Protective Materials
The Managing Board of Avient has emphasized the importance of Quality, (Process and Occupational) Safety, Security, and Health for the Avient company.
Avient Global QESSH Office delivers expert support which can be characterized as independent thought leadership. Avient Global QESSH plays a central role in creating APM-wide professional communities, e.g. in competence building and ensuring the availability of leading-edge training. The position is full-time and the primary location is the APM Head Office in Geleen (Netherlands), ±20 % of your time consists of (international) travel
- The challenge will be to continuously improve our process safety performance to top quartile performance in a rapidly changing world.
- Contributes to the long-term multi-year QESSH plan.
- Provides solid process safety expertise on a broad range of hazards and risks, maintaining high quality and integrity and a practical fit with the needs of the variety of APM’s activities.
- Manages risks by providing the appropriate layers of protection to reduce the frequency and severity of incidents and learning from incidents when they occur inside or outside of APM.
- As an expert develops and maintains standards and best practices towards process safety management/performance and embeds these in the APM community.
- To further develop, set and roll out APM process safety policies, standards, and practices, coherent with APM’s ambitions and compatible with the various operational environments. These policies are well communicated and a basis for QESSH programs and targets.
- Develop a roadmap for implementation and ensure alignment with the Site owner incl. embedding it in the operational excellence roadmaps.
- Act as champion in selected process safety expertise areas like HAZOP, Machine Safety, Explosion Risk, and Chemical Hazard Analysis.
- Chairs the Process Safety Network within APM
- Chairs the Process Hazard, Risk & Design Studies within APM and aligns these. Keeps the overview and monitors the status of Process Hazard Studies within APM
- Further builds and coordinates the process safety community and its talents including state-of-the-art training and mentoring specialists in the field.
- Keeps abreast of and manages compliance with regulations affecting the License-to-Operate of APM’s Asset Base.
- Develops Maintenance Strategy and leads studies for Life-Time-Extension for APM’s Asset Base
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree by technical education and/or similar experience level.
- Minimal 5 years experience in an operations environment (2nd/3rd career step).
- Recognized expertise in the field of process safety.
- The specialist knowledge of process safety in & outside APM.
- Knowledge of and experience in machine safety in addition to process safety is preferred.
- Natural ability to connect and engage at all levels, good influencing and leadership skills.
- Familiar with working in international environments, enjoy working in teams of various backgrounds, and sensitive to cultural differences.
- High level of conceptual and analytical thinking.
- Willingness to travel.
Avient Corporation has a Process Safety Expert at our Geelen, Netherlands facility. This position supports our Protective Materials Business unit which was recently acquired from DSM Corporation.
Avient Corporation, with 2021 revenues of $4.8 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit www.avient.com.
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as LEAD by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride and EMBRACE to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation, or advancement are based solely on a person’s qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
AVIENT at a glance
Creating A Better World
Avient exists to conquer challenges and unlock the potential of innovation and sustainability everywhere on earth. Working together, we connect exceptional people, ideas, and science to create specialized and sustainable materials that enhance performance and protect the environment. With a commitment to tenacious problem-solving and unwavering service, we enable customers to transform their visions into products that improve quality of life in meaningful, dynamic ways.
We are here to help you change the world. Now, let’s get started.