Safety & Health Supervisor | NISSAN
Production Specialist | FrieslandCampina
Management Assistent | FrieslandCampina
Improve Engineer | Avient
Warehouse Operator Spareparts | Marel
Receptioniste | DSM-Firmenich
Operator Packaging | FrieslandCampina
Scientist Downstream Process Development | VectorY
Safety & Health Supervisor | NISSAN
The Nissan Motor Parts Center in the Westelijk Havengebied of Amsterdam has a warehouse complex of 90,000m2 and 6,500m2 of office space on a 200,000m2 site, which includes Nissan Netherlands. An average of 38 truckloads of parts arrive per day from Nissan factories in Japan, Mexico, England and Spain and European suppliers. Approximately 250 employees are involved in the warehouse operation. The company is an important link in the worldwide distribution of parts and accessories of car manufacturer Nissan. The parts are transported from Japan and other production locations to the Amsterdam port area and then distributed to sales outlets in Europe and beyond.
Nissan is looking for a Safety & Health Supervisor for the Amsterdam location. The wish is to fill the position long-term.
- Works on the Gemba to effect positive change
- Natural and “visible” authority on Safety, Health and Environment.
- An active approach to Safety & Health policy, implementation and improvement ie creating an
effective and efficient S&H (working) climate.
- Checks, coordinates and supports the departments in maintaining both a responsible working
environment and work processes.
- “Firm but Fair” approach to S&H in a broad sense, in line with the Nissan Motor Parts Center
(NMPC) business and culture.
- Both monitoring compliance with rules and providing advice and actively contributing to
changes in the sense of improvements.
- S&H “Business partner” for the NMPC functions, critical, constructively cooperative if necessary.
Core tasks and responsibilities
- Support the NMPC to deliver a safe and healthy working environment
- Advising the business on their legal and Nissan compliance obligations
- Managing compliance status for all EH&S areas of responsibility
- Maintenance, development and improvement of S&H policy.
- Liaison and contact for key external stakeholders
- Leading/managing safety projects and initiatives as required
- Managing day-to-day safety support to the business
- Managing the gathering, collation, and analysis of safety data
- Co-ordination of entity safety meetings
- Working with line management to deploy safety strategies
- Completion of internal and external EHS audits
- Ensure communication of lessons learned
- Safety lead for ergonomics
- Through prevention, incident management, follow-up, education, training and consultation.
- Co-ordination of the emergency preparedness and response plan
- Development and delivery of H&S initiatives and communication
Resources and structures
- S&H organization (steering group and operating committee, BHV and first aid, fire brigade)
- European Emergency Management Plan/Org.
- RI&E, audits, ergonomics Kaizen and 5S
- Reporting and Reporting
- Organize education and training
- Annual budgets
- Warehouse Manager
- Warehouse Supervisors & Foremen (Team Leaders)
- Section Manager Maintenance & Engineering
- HR Business Partner
- Arrange Facilities Manager
- HR Wellbeing Officer
- Occupational physician
- Manager Human Resources & General Affairs (HR/GA)
- European safety and security function
Relevant environmental factors, external partners
- Dutch laws and regulations.
- Nissan S&H policy, Global Code of Conduct
- GBA (Joint Amsterdam Fire Brigade)
- Environmental Service Gem. Amsterdam (ODNZKG)
- Area management Westpoort (Port of Amsterdam)
- Neighbors (several, and especially the ‘bio-factory’ south of the Nissan site
- EVO (Training Center for Automotive and Logistics)
- Advising (solicited and unsolicited)
- Project management
- Relationship management output
- Safety improvement initiatives
- Continuous improvement of EHS management and process delivery
- Advice and guidance to the business
- Work permits (Fire) dangerous & high-risk activities
- Internal and external audits
- S&H status information
Expertise/training that must in any case be visible
- Safety science MBO or HBO
- At least MBO degree (MVK) and performing on HBO level, or HBO degree (HVK). Due to the profile, the candidate is expected to be experienced in the field and able to be an independent advisor.
- Relevant work experience
NISSAN at a glance
NISSAN is a leading Japanese automaker with a global presence. Founded in 1933, the company has become one of the world’s largest and most recognizable automotive brands. NISSAN is known for its innovative approach to automotive technology and sustainable mobility solutions.
The company offers a wide range of vehicles, from compact city cars to powerful SUVs, and electric vehicles like the Nissan LEAF, a pioneer in the electric mobility market. NISSAN has also shown a strong commitment to autonomous driving technology and has been working on developing advanced self-driving systems.
With manufacturing facilities around the world and a strong presence in various markets, NISSAN continues to prioritize quality, innovation, and environmental consciousness. The company is dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of mobility and continues to invest in technologies that pave the way for more efficient and eco-friendly transportation.